My goal as a therapist is to create an environment to promote healing and growth with gentleness, respect and acceptance. To be healthy is to be balanced in mind, body and spirit. I believe that psychotherapy must touch all these aspects to encourage optimal health and for each person to live this balance with vitality. I conduct psychotherapy in the realm of body-based, creative, and expressive methods in addition to talk therapy. When using body based and expressive therapy techniques I follow my clients’ lead and pacing. My holistic approach includes the use of mindfulness, as well as breathing and relaxation techniques as needed, with an emphasis on increasing self-awareness. I work with adolescents and adults on challenges including emotional regulation, stress, trauma, depression, anxiety, changing patterns, life transitions, and emerging adulthood, substance abuse and relationship issues. I consider it an honor to aid individuals in journeys of well-being.
Professional Training and Credentials:
- Master of Arts, Dance/Movement Therapy & Counseling, Columbia College Chicago
- Bachelor of Arts, Dance & Theatre, Muhlenberg College
- Massachusetts License Number 7760
- Board Certified Dance/Movement Therapist Number BC-DMT-1143
- Member of Massachusetts Mental Health Counselors Association
- Holistic Marketing for Dance/Movement Therapy: A Heuristic Study, American Journal of Dance Therapy, December 2011